Personal Development Books will help you achieve your Personal Development Goals this year by improving your mindset, day after day.
At the start of a new year, everyone likes to add “Read More” to the list. We all know how the year goes – start of great and end up 3 months down the line with none of your new year’s resolutions ticked off.
I have used the 12 books in 12 months challenge to actively get back into one of my favorite hobbies – reading. My love of books comes from reading a book and getting lost in the storyline or reading a self-help book that takes my mindset into a better place.
My introduction to the power of improving your mindset with personal development books by my mother-in-law. She would read a new book and tell me how incredible it was, resulting in me being intrigued enough to borrow it and fall in love with it!
Once you start this reading challenge, you will never want to stop – although it might seem daunting at first.
*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own.
How to read 12 books in a year:
Reach your goal of reading more by simplifying the process. Break it down into month-by-month goals.
You only need to read 12 pages a day to read a book a month of 360 pages. That is a completely realistic and doable amount.
- Pick 12 books you want to read for the year.
- Choose 1 book to start reading.
- During an assigned time of day, read your book (before bedtime works well for good sleep)
- Make it a habit to read for a certain amount of time or read a certain number of pages per day.
What type of book should you read?
One of the best ways to ensure that you meet your goal of personal development is to read personal development books and self-improvement books every day. It is a good way to work on mental health and learn new ways to simplify your life.
This is how personal development books actually help:
- Improve yourself everyday
- Better your life
- Improve the quality of your life
The best books to read for self-development:
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: 30th Anniversary Edition
The best books to change your mindset:
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- Everything Is F*cked: A Book About Hope (The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck (2 Book Series))
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life (Mark Manson Collection Book 1)
The top 5 books that changed my life:
- Think Like a Monk: Train Your Mind for Peace and Purpose Every Day
- Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself
- What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing
- The Rules of Life ePub eBook: Rules of Life: A Personal Code for Living a Better, Happier, More Successful Kind of Life
- Slay Like a Mother: How to Destroy What’s Holding You Back So You Can Live the Life You Want
Now that you have a list of personal development books that you can start reading this year, you can tackle the rest of your goals and make them a reality.
Leave a Reply